It is the good news of God's gift of salvation through repentance and faith alone in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross.
Every human is either on their way to heaven or hell. When one is born, they are born with a sinful nature and will inevitablely sin. This sin separates every human from God for God is Holy and Just - He cannot be around sin and will justly reward sin with the due consequences: Hell. However, God is not willing that any should perish!! He sent His Son Jesus Christ to pay the penalty for your sins. This is how you can be saved:
- God is holy and perfect. All men are sinners. The penalty for your sins is infinite and eternal; death in hell forever:
- "All have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." - Romans 3:23 (KJV)
- "The wages of sin is death." - Romans 6:23 (KJV)
- There is only one way to get the forgiveness and righteousness you need; from the real Jesus Himself, as a gift, by faith alone:
- The real Jesus paid for your sins on the cross because He is God. His single, infinite sacrifice was perfect and complete. It satisfied God's just demand for an eternal payment. That's why purgatory, a temporary, imaginary place, would never work.
- "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." - John 3:16
- "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." - II Corinthians 5:21
- "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us," - Titus 3:5
- "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9
- You must repent of your sins, opinions, religion, attempts to please God, religious experience, or anything else that would keep you from complete reliance on Christ, and simply believe God's Word.
- Salvation is not a process. Will you repent, call on the name of the Lord, and be saved now for all eternity?
- "Behold, not is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation." - II Corinthians 6:2
Friend, do you believe what you have just read? Do you recognize your sin and the love that God has for you through His Son Jesus Christ? Pray right now and call upon Christ to save you:
- "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.." - Romans 10:13
- "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.." - Romans 10:9, 10